Dr. Jennifer Klages
R. Psych. (She/Her)
TEL: (778) 765-4410
FAX: (778) 765-4412
1001-235 1st Ave,
Kamloops, BC, V2C 3J4
Dr. Klages is currently accepting new assessment clients. She does not provide counseling services.
- University of Victoria, B.Sc. (Honours), Psychology
- Dalhousie University, Ph.D., Clinical Psychology
- College of Psychologists of B.C., Registration #1797
Areas of Interest:
- Assessment of possible dementias/neurodegenerative disorders (e.g., Alzheimer disease)
- Post-stroke evaluations
- Assessment after brain injury
- Assessment of neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g., Intellectual disability, ADHD) in adults
- Other issues related to the brain and how it works
Dr. Klages moved to Kamloops in 2006 where she started working for Interior Health, primarily within the Tertiary Mental Health Services. She has provided neuropsychological assessments for the adult psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry, and neuropsychiatry program as well as for persons in a psychosocial rehabilitation program. Assessments have included the diagnostic clarification of neurodegenerative disorders or neurodevelopmental disorders and assessing the impact of major mental health disorders on cognition. She has also provided assessments through the inpatient neurorehabilitation program (e.g. after stroke or brain injury) and for outpatients through the acquired brain injury program. Referrals have included questions around return to school or return to work. She provided assessments for persons in the outpatient Seniors Mental Health program for around 5 years, primarily providing diagnostic clarification regarding possible neurodegenerative disorders.
Dr. Klages is still working for Interior Health but has limited spots available to work with new clients on select Fridays. The cost of an assessment will depend on the purpose and type of assessment requested. Please call if you would like to discuss whether this type of assessment is right for you and for an estimation of cost and timeline. Dr. Klages does not provide therapy services.
- I acknowledge that my work sites are located in the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc territory that is situated within the unceded, traditional lands of the Secwépemc Nation.