Dr. Magdalen Mak (Ph.D., R.Psych.)
M.S. Mak Psychology Services, prof. corp.
TEL: (250) 374–4135
FAX: (250) 374–4155
1001–235 1st Avenue,
Kamloops, BC, V2C 3J4
Dr. Mak is a graduate of Clinical and Developmental Psychology from the University of Manitoba. She has provided psychological services in a variety of settings including hospitals, rehabilitation centres, schools and social services agencies. Much of the work in her current practice focuses on counselling for depression, anxiety and trauma, workplace stress and injury, and chronic pain. She practices goal–oriented counselling, including reality–based and cognitive–behavioural therapy (CBT), as well as Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing therapy (EMDR). She is registered with the College of Psychologist of British Columbia; and is a member of the British Columbia Psychological Association and Canadian Psychological Association.
Areas of Interest:
- Goal–oriented, solutions–focused counselling
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mood disorders (depression, seasonal affective disorder, postpartum issues)
- Anxiety disorders, PTSD, and stress–related issues
- Operational stress injury (combat trauma of Canadian Forces’ veterans, police stress and traumas)
Dr. Mak spends her spare time cultivating her hobbies, including travelling, gardening, and playing her piano. She also enjoys socializing with her friends.